Use Case 4 · Secure Affective Participatory Sensing of City Events
Fujisawa & Santander
This Use Case explores the possibility of secure sharing on citizen’s affective information and information on the city, by using various types of technologies, such as mobile participatory sensing, edge-(mobile)-side computation for privacy protection, secure data sharing of sensed information. More specifically, we develop a privacy-protected mobile participatory sensing platform “SmileCityReport” in which citizens can sense and share information on their neighbourhood (city) with corresponding affective status information attached, and where such sensed information will be shared (1) securely among the citizen’s community and (2) publicly with an appropriated privacy-protection mechanism.
In the existing smart city platform, it is difficult to realize an environment where citizens can exchange information and participate with peace of mind from the viewpoint of privacy protection and security protection.
- Municipal Officers:
- Improvement of civic service
- Smart city solutions that citizens can participate with peace of mind
- Security of personal information
- Spatio-temporally seamless smart life using smartphones
At the time of edition of this deliverable, the privacy compliance is work in progress. In the current evaluation, the personal data present in this use-case is the picture of the user’s face with their identities. The points listed above shall be handled in conformance of the regulation explained in chapter 2 in order to comply with both APPI and GDPR. The following evaluation is based on the APPI compliance
- Acquisition and use of personal information
purpose to identify , whether the advance publication, required to notify the person when you get the personal information you have. For European citizen, this shall be detailed in an informed consent to the users.
Personal data security control measures
- development of organizational structure (in progress, DPO and processor still to be assigned)
- operation in accordance with the rules relating to the handling of personal data
- development of means to check the handling situation of personal data
- establish a system corresponding to the cases of leakage, etc. (breach notification)
- review of the understanding and safety control measures of handling the situation
Human safety control measures
Physical safety control measures
- control of the area handling personal data
- prevention of theft of such equipment and electronic media
- prevention of such leaks when carrying the electronic media such as
- number of personal data deletion and equipment, disposal of such electronic media
Technical safety control measures
- Access Control
- identification and authentication of access’s
- prevention, such as unauthorized access from the outside
- prevention of such leaks associated with the use of the information system
Provision of personal information to third parties in Japan and overseas
- In principle, if you want to provide personal data to a third party, need to obtain the prior consent of the there is, to get before APP use.
- Based on the complementary rules, if the Japanese subsidiary is provide personal data within the EU on the basis of the certification sufficiency, including the identified purposes at the time of receiving the offer, check the history of the acquisition, to record.
- obtaining informed consent for the data overseas relocation, for GDPR and APPI are the adequacy certification of each other, there is no need.
Supplementary rule: Expanding the range of retained personal data
- “Personal data that will be deleted within 6 months” will also be retained personal data
Development of SmileCityReport, Ganonymizer and individual components is under progress. After integration of all the components, the application will be translated into Spanish language to support users in Santander.
We develop a privacy-protected mobile participatory sensing platform in which citizens can share information on their neighborhood (city) with corresponding affective status information attached, and where such information is shared securely among the citizen’s community and publicly with an appropriated privacy-protection mechanism.
How can I join?
Contact Jin Nakazawa: firstname.lastname@example.org